Identity theft is more of a risk today than it ever was.
Your personal identity is the most undervalued asset you own. There are people out there constantly trying to steal your identity, and the identity of others. There are ways to protent your identity.
Protect yourself from identity theft
Online media may seem free, but it has a price. Whether you realize it or not, you have paid for this access with your identity.
With so many people placing a huge emphasis on identity theft, you must consider the importance of having even the smallest online presence. This online presence is the result of the access to your personal online information by the government, your employer, the advertising media, or anyone for that matter.
Protect your personal information, because it’s the most important thing you have.
- Check your browser’s privacy settings, especially your location.
- Use available tools to manage your online privacy. Fortunately, there are online tools available that will help you protect your identity.
- Use strong and up to date software on your computer and smart phone.
- Use strong passwords.
- Review your credit score regularly to see if it has been compromised (hacked) by anyone trying to steal your identity.
- Learn to spot online spam and scammers.
The time for protecting your identity is now. Don’t fall victim to identity theft.