There are thousands and thousands of ideas out there in space. Some have never before been thought of. Some will make some ambitious people millions of dollars in the future. But don’t stop everything you’re doing and search for them. You may get lucky. But I can tell you from personal experience that this can be very frustrating.
Don’t thing about ideas. Think about problems.
Solving a problem always leads to a new idea.
Think of the problems you run into. Experience will show that if you have a problem with something, and would like to see a change, you’re not alone. The difference between you and everyone else is that you have the drive to take action that will solve the problem. After all, that’s what business is all about, solving problems.
Let me give you an example. A young man by the name of Mark Zuckerberg ran into a problem. He wanted to find a way to contact his friends. He solved this problem with a business we all know about. Anyone who doesn’t know about it has been a hermit for the last several years. This business is Facebook. His net worth in 2015 was $35.7 billion. Imagine this, just for solving a problem! Not bad!
Notice problems, and you will get ideas
It only takes one idea to achieve financial independence. To get ideas, re-program your mind. From now on, what you must do is NOTICE problems you see in everyday life. Many of these problems can be solved by starting a business. Once you begin thinking this way, the problems will come to your attention, and the ideas will start coming to you as if the flood gates have opened.
7 ways to get new ideas
Don’t look for ideas. Look for problems. Here are some ways to identify problems.
- Think of the problems you have every day. Notice the things you’d like to see changed to make life easier. Some will be excellent ideas, and others will be not so good. Filter them and consider each idea separately. Then ask yourself, “Is this something that will benefit everyone?” If you get such an idea, you won’t have to worry about selling yourself or your business. It will sell itself, and very fast.
- Take time each day to read. Gain as much knowledge as you can. Learn as much as you can. Browse the internet. Read newspapers and magazines. You’d be surprise at some of the things you read. You never know where these will take you.
- Read and gain knowledge in areas outside your niche. To be a successful entrepreneur, you must be interested in everything. Explore all possibilities and learn as much as you can about an area until you lose interest. Then, go on to the next area. During the next week, you can easily explore at least 500 areas.
- Watch TV. Life is not all work. You must also take the time to relax and enjoy yourself. TV is the best way to do this, because all you have to do is push a few buttons on a remote. As you watch TV, begin noticing things you’ve never noticed before. I watch a lot of TV, both for entertainment, and to learn something that will benefit me. For example, last night, I watched Walker Texas Ranger with Chuck Norris. I’m a big Chuck Norris fan. While watching this particular episode, I came up with an idea that could prevent many people from fatal accidents. I love to watch the Lifetime Movie Network. Every movie on this channel deals with one or more problems that people have. Re-program your thinking, and you will get many new ideas from Lifetime. And I must add, the movies are very entertaining.
- Listen to other people. Many people love to whine. This is human nature. People complain about problems they have. Listen to their problems. Make a note of them. Some may result in an idea that could turn into a very successful business.
- Watch the news every day. Unlike reading newspapers and magazines, the news will identify more current problems. As you’re watching, think of the problems you discover, and possible ways of solving these problems.
- Notice things happening around you when you are out and about. You may be shopping in the stores, working out in the gym, playing golf, watching a movie in a theater, or many other activities. Notice everything you see going on around you. If you see something that may be a problem, eavesdrop and try to find out as much as you can. Be discreet.
As you identify each problem, think of how it can be solved by starting a business. Always keep an open mind. If you think an idea you come up with seems crazy, remember that people have made millions with ideas that were just as crazy.
As you come up with a good idea, keep it secret. Don’t share it with anyone. Otherwise, someone will take it, go with it and achieve the success that rightfully belongs to you.
As you program your mind to think in a different way, you’ll find that ideas will come to you when you least expect it. Write each idea down and save it immediately, or you’ll forget it. You’ll have hundreds of ideas, and it will be impossible to remember them all.
Finally, make sure your idea is unique. You can find out by doing a Google search. If you find no information about your idea, then it’s unique. Like I said, there are thousands of ideas in space that are unique and have never been considered by anyone. If your idea is in a certain niche where the large companies have entered, DO NOT be afraid to compete. If you have to compete with a company like Microsoft, Google, Yahoo, or any large company, do it. Don’t be intimidated. You have every right to challenge them. The owner of the largest business in the world puts his pants on, one leg at a time, just like you.
REMEMBER, it only takes one idea to set you up for the rest of your life. GO FOR IT!